Cade Klubnik: Clemson Football’s New Starting Quarterback
The starting quarterback of Clemson football’s college football team, Trevor Lawrence, will be out for an unknown amount of time with an injury.
As such, it’s Cade Klubnik’s turn to shine as Clemson goes up against Boston College in the Eagles’ home turf on Saturday September 22nd at 12 noon Eastern time at Alumni Stadium.
The 5’11 195 pound junior has come off the bench in three games this season and has performed well enough to deserve the starting spot permanently against Boston
College according to many members of the Clemson coaching staff and players alike.
10 Things You Need To Know About Why Cade Should Start
1. He started his senior year of high school at quarterback, leading his team to a state championship and being named MVP.
2. Cade was recruited as an athlete and has played both running back and defensive back in his football career.
3. He played in multiple positions during training camp, showing that he is willing to help wherever he can on special teams, perfect for Clemson’s all-hands-on-deck approach to football!
4. His teammates love him; it’s hard not to root for someone who is so respected by those around him.
5. He has been working hard since he arrived on campus, waiting patiently behind Deshaun Watson and Kelly Bryant while still excelling in practice as a scout team player.
6. Cade will be able to run Coach Dabo Swinney’s offense with ease thanks to his experience playing under Gus Malzahn at Springdale High School (AR).
10 Reasons Why Trevor Lawrence Should Stay The Starter
Lawrence, who took over for an injured Kelly Bryant and has started every game since, was spectacular against Syracuse.
He completed 20-of-24 passes for 312 yards and five touchdowns with no interceptions,
improving his season numbers to 161 of 244 (67 percent) for 2,086 yards with 15 touchdowns and three interceptions.
The Tigers have earned wins against four top 20 teams in as many weeks No. 7 Syracuse, No. 14 Auburn, No.
16 Louisville and No. 4 Notre Damewith Lawrence at quarterback.
There is a lot of football left, but it’s clear that he gives Clemson its best chance to win right now…
10 Surprises From Syracuse Game
Cade Klubnik entered Saturday’s game against Syracuse as a backup to Deshaun Watson, but when Watson was injured early in Game 3 of 2014, it was time for Klubnik to take center stage.
He did so with flair and was named the game’s Most Valuable Player with 312 yards passing and four touchdowns.
Here are 10 surprises from his breakout performance.
1. This was not a typical surprise As you might expect, there were lots of folks surprised by Cade Klubnik’s brilliant play on Saturday night perhaps none more than Mr.
10 Keys For Next Game Against Boston College
The Tigers don’t have much time to bask in their Syracuse victory, as they’ll travel to Boston College next Saturday to face an Eagles team that has won its last two games by a combined 42 points.
For Cade Klubnik, who will start at quarterback in place of injured Willy Korn, that means he must prepare quickly for BC’s high-scoring offense.
Here are 10 keys to help him get ready for his first career start.
Don’t let emotions get out of control:
Despite leading Clemson to a huge win over No. 12 Syracuse, Klubnik can’t allow himself to become overly confident or overconfident heading into BC.
10 Ways Coaches Can Utilize Cade Better
The former walk-on is clearly talented, and his latest heroics have fans clamoring for him to become Clemson’s starting quarterback.
So, how can Dabo Swinney and his coaching staff harness that talent? Here are 10 suggestions for how to make use of Cade.
(Note: these instructions will only work if you don’t throw Cade at all during a game just throwing these out there.
1. If Cade throws an incomplete pass, he must get down on one knee and kiss a picture of Jim Harbaugh before going back to the sideline.
He must also do five pushups after every incompletion in honor of Michigan’s tradition with Devin Gardner.
2. Every time Cade throws an interception or fumbles, he has to sing Take Me Out To The Ballgame on top of Stone Mountain before going back to play defense again.